reset problem Iconia one 8 How can I reset the Tablet back

Options
malcolmpage
malcolmpage Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in Tablets

Have performed factory reset after inheriting this tablet from a deceased family member however it is aking me to sign in with the google account previously synced on this device and of course I have no way of finding this out and I cant get past this screen. How can I reset the Tablet back so I can put my own Google account in.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    Options

If you can't find then you can't access your tablet. As I know there are some software which can bypass this security using pc but there are so many things need to do and it's hard for beginners. You may find some instructions on youtube.

Local phone shop or service centre can easily bypass this security.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • malcolmpage
    Options

I am an engineer and have no problem with software, I have not been able to find that which is needed. If you know of any then would like to know. I have connected the tablet to my laptop and viewed all the files but none seem to relate to Google.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

It sounds like you haven't actually done a factory reset, since the previous account is still installed. Which model do you have? There have been a lot of different Iconia 8 models aver the years…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • malcolmpage
    Options

The model is Iconia One 8 B1-850. I performed the reset by holding "vol up" while powering up then scrolled down to "wipe data/factory reset" and selected then down to "yes — delete all user data" and after a pause " reboot system " the next screen is to select language then connect to internet followed by the problem message "This device was reset. To continue , sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device " which as mentiond I have no way of knowing this. I have tried signing in with my own Google accounts but it just reverts to the above log in request. So this where I am stuck.