My laptop bios is not fully compatible with 23h2 update Nitro AN517-42

Options
Angeloxd
Angeloxd Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in Windows 11

I have performed the windows instalation on gpu my recovery was not available/ broken with the code 0xc0000001 and i haved many security errors.

2 I have installed the windows on cpu now ( clean in cmd before) recovery is working but i dont have the copilot options and it cannot be activated somewhere look like my windows copy is still corrupt but is clean i have checked with sfc and dism…
System model: Nitro AN517-42

Bios version : Insyde corp. V1.12, date: 6/15/2023

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,988 Trailblazer
    edited November 2023
    Options

Updating to BIOS Version 1.12 should NOT make your laptop not compatible with Win-11 new version 23H2, it should assist your AN517-42 laptop to run better. The error 0xc0000001 indicates that there is some issues within the booting device or some booting files are corrupted, your best option is to do a Clean Install of Win-11 version 23H2, as to fix all the symptoms of the error 0xc0000001 and the rest of the errors that you have in your Win-11 OS is not worth attempting, as a new install will give you a much easier and better solution than anything that you can fix. Construct a Win-11 bootable USB with Rufus 4.3.exe and do a clean install or Win-11 version 23H2.

After you have installed Win-11 and your Nitro AN517-42 is working 100% without any crashes, update the Firmware Version 1.00a - Update VBIOS NVVDD EDPc setting change from 90A to 135A GeForce RTX 3060 VBIOS ver: 94.06.36.00.63 - as this firmware will also assist in your laptop functioning better with Win-11 23H2.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,513 Trailblazer
    edited November 2023
    Options

Run the update Troubleshooter:

Repeat the DISM and SFC commands but in reversed order. Make sure your internet is working, open the Command Prompt and paste this: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, that should complete successfully. Then type this in the same command window: SFC /scannow, and that should end with "Found no integrity violations", repeat command till you see that. Your laptop with the last BIOS is 100% compatible with Windows11 23H2 but Copilot preview may be offered later if you have the "More options" turned on in Check for Updates:

You should now be on W11 23H2 version 22631.2506, Edge is updated independently with Copilot.

Check Windows Security (click on the icon on taskbar) make sure if all 8 options are running and have the green check marks including Core Isolation and 2 other features in Device security. Open Device manager and check for yellow exclamation marks also check Hidden devices, uninstall all rogue drivers and Unknown Devices (greyed out).

What security errors are you getting, post screen shots or copy the error to a WordPad text file and attach, type @Puraw at the top of your posts. Check Event Viewer (ignore warnings and Audit Failures) and check also Problem Reports in Reliability History.

• Angeloxd
    Options

I have the latest windows updates
    No corruption

My recovery now is working because i have used the clean command in diskpart as first step to solve this.

I can just report this problems to be fixed and maybe you can offer some help with a bios update:

On my acer the long lasting 90W Battery is lasting max 2 hours

When i try to boot from usb i must disconnect and reconnect the usb stick

If i want to add a new power plan i must disable the the modern standby

The bios must be configured to do the windows installation on cpu automatically because in the gpu the windows installation cannot be right done

Please offer a hotfix bios version for this problems.

Is a good idea to clean install my windows and install all the bios version after release date? from beginning to ending?

• Angeloxd
    Options

I have seen in the bios, the file for recovery loading as trustable was missing.

• Angeloxd
    Options

I have the latest windows updates
    No corruption

My recovery now is working because i have used the clean command in diskpart as first step to solve this.

I can just report this problems to be fixed and maybe you can offer some help with a bios update:

On my acer the long lasting 90W Battery is lasting max 2 hours

When i try to boot from usb i must disconnect and reconnect the usb stick

If i want to add a new power plan i must disable the the modern standby

The bios must be configured to do the windows installation on cpu automatically because in the gpu the windows installation cannot be right done

Please offer a hotfix bios version for this problems.

Is a good idea to clean install my windows and install all the bios version after release date? from beginning to ending?