TravelMate P2 TMP215-53-53MP N19Q8 possibility of upgrading the graphics processor on my device.

Options
Kur1va
Kur1va Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hello Acer Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am a user of the TravelMate P2 TMP215-53-53MP N19Q8 laptop, and I am interested in exploring the possibility of upgrading the graphics processor on my device.

Specifically, I would like to know if it is feasible to replace the current graphics processor with a different one for improved performance. I have checked the official documentation, but I would appreciate any additional insights or guidance from the community.

1. Can the graphics processor be upgraded on the TravelMate P2 TMP215-53-53MP N19Q8 model?
  2. If so, are there any recommended graphics processors that are compatible with this laptop?
  3. Are there any limitations or considerations I should be aware of before attempting an upgrade?
  4. Additionally, are there alternative ways to enhance the overall performance of the laptop, such as adding more RAM or installing a faster SSD?

I understand that making changes to the laptop may affect the warranty, so any advice on this matter would be valuable.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to hearing from the community members and experts.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• PCProb
    PCProb Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Options

The TravelMate P2 range of laptops have integrated graphics, so there is no realistic way to upgrade the GPU.

I have been unable to find the exact specification for your device. You can find this information at: https://www.acer.com/gb-en/support

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,110 Trailblazer
    Options

Your Travelmate P215-53 has a TBT4 port with up to 10 Gbps data transfer, so if you are using your laptop as a desktop you can put an eGPU on it to change the GPU. There is no way to change the GPU internally short of swapping the motherboard with one from a TravelMate P215-53G, and that would likely cost more than just buying the faster laptop. Unless you have a model with a HDD installed instead of a SSD any SSD upgrade will still run at the same speed as what you have now. They are all NVMe x4 drives, I believe,

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.