How to remove an unremovable keyboard?

Options
ashayok
ashayok Member Posts: 1 New User

When I first purchased a laptop from Acer, I installed 2 standard keyboards on it: Deutschland and English (United Kingdom) (USA according to Dvorak (for the right hand)) and now I cannot remove USA according to Dvorak in any way. I absolutely don’t understand how to remove it, because I even managed to remove the Deutschland keyboard

Answers

• Ganynani
    Ganynani Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Hi @ashayok

It seems like you have encountered an issue with your keyboard settings.

When you install a new keyboard, it becomes available for use and is added to the list of keyboards on your device. This means that you can easily switch between different keyboard layouts depending on your preference.

However, if you want to remove a keyboard, it is a bit more complicated. You cannot just delete it like a regular program or setting. Instead, you need to follow these steps:

Go to the Settings menu on your device.
    Click on "Time & Language" and select "Language."
    Under the "Preferred languages" section, click on the language that you want to remove.
    Click on "Options" and then select "Remove."
    Confirm your action by clicking "Yes."

This should remove the keyboard from your device and it will no longer appear in the list of available keyboards. However, if for some reason this does not work, you can try resetting your keyboard settings.

Go to the Settings menu on your device.
    Click on "Time & Language" and select "Language."
    Under the "Preferred languages" section, click on "Options."
    Scroll down and click on "Reset."
    Confirm your action by clicking "Yes."

This will reset all of your keyboard settings, including any added keyboards. Once the reset is complete, you can add back the keyboard that you want to use.