Acer c24-760 remove rear cover is a NIGHTMARE!!! serial number not recognized, service guide

Options
thebloke
thebloke Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in All-In-One PCs

Question does anyone know how to remove the rear cover without destroying it?

3 points;

1 Serial no and model not recognised by acer site - WHY IS THAT???🤬

2 Why are service guides not available as they are with other manufacturers???😡

3 Those responsible for the design and fitting of rear cover should be banned from ever designing anything again. This is the most complicated and difficult disassembly I have come across in 15 years working in IT repair!!!🤬

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Your Aspire C24-760 is vintage 2017, so none of them would still be in warranty. Acer purges older machines from the database after all warranties have expired. The model number will work to get access to drivers, manuals and the like.

Acer service guides are only provided to service centers, I have no idea why that is, but what is is. Luckily they do allow some of us users to access SGs, and post snippets from them

How much deeper do you need to go from there?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • thebloke
    thebloke Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options

Thanks for that, it's kind of you to take the time to respoond to my mini vent on this issue. After a very frustrating time I did get it done. I do wonder why they dont provide service guides as I really can't imagine they gain many repair opportunities.

The design flaw on these systems is a badly fitted rear cover and the instructions in the SG are next to useless.

My issue is it looks like the DC jack is faulty on the MB, I'm going to replace it though I'm not sure of the model no so if you know what that is I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for your response.

TB

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

I don't have access to part numbers for something like that, but the plug that goes into it is a Yellow-Tip 1.7X5.5X11, so 5.5mm outside diameter, 1.7mm inside and 11mm in depth. That should be pretty standard.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.