x4650g Motherboard Questions Looks like the chassis intrusion feature can be disabled in bios.

Options
GKS
GKS Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Recycling a motherboard (b25h4-ad) from a Veriton x4650g computer. Can anyone provide the layout diagram showing all the connections on this board? Need details on jumpers and other headers such as USB and COM to complete build.

Current bios is RO1-B1 which I believe is the latest for this board. However, firmware is an earlier 1.01 version. Any potential problems?

There is a M.2 Pcie SSD tab in advanced section of bios. Is this for an add on card to install additional storage? Is this a keyed B/M type SSD or an NVME? Can this be used as a boot drive or just for additional storage?

Looks like the chassis intrusion feature can be disabled in bios. What about OBR?

Thanks for any help that the forum can provide.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here you go:

The M.2 slot for storage is #16 and since it supports Optane memory it is good for an NVMe x4 drive. You can (and should) use it for a boot drive, since it will be much faster than a SATA drive. It's not obvious how the One Button Recovery is used, so I would expect you can just leave it disconnected. No need for any BIOS changes. I'd think it performs the same function as Alt-F10 at boot for later models, giving a recovery menu that relies on a specific drive configuration with a factory recovery partition.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GKS
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good to know that you can put a NVME x 4 drive into system. Vertically mounting the drive is a new one that I have never seen before on any other motherboard.

Have motherboard now running on Debian Linux with i5-7600, SSD boot drive and 16 Gig DDR4 memory. Long term will probably dual boot with Windows. Now to move everything from test bench into a case.

Thanks again for your quick response and excellent information.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here you go:

The M.2 slot for storage is #16 and since it supports Optane memory it is good for an NVMe x4 drive. You can (and should) use it for a boot drive, since it will be much faster than a SATA drive. It's not obvious how the One Button Recovery is used, so I would expect you can just leave it disconnected. No need for any BIOS changes. I'd think it performs the same function as Alt-F10 at boot for later models, giving a recovery menu that relies on a specific drive configuration with a factory recovery partition.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GKS
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good to know that you can put a NVME x 4 drive into system. Vertically mounting the drive is a new one that I have never seen before on any other motherboard.

Have motherboard now running on Debian Linux with i5-7600, SSD boot drive and 16 Gig DDR4 memory. Long term will probably dual boot with Windows. Now to move everything from test bench into a case.

Thanks again for your quick response and excellent information.

• Adol
    Adol Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

“How does the vertical bracket supporting an SSD look, and is it available for purchase?”