My ACER A315-32-C9CQ Touchpad buttons Right and Left click don't work anymore

Options
njhabermehl
njhabermehl Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in Windows 11

Hello,
My ACER A315-32-C9CQ runs on Windows 11
Has been functioning OK…..
But last week, my 16 month old grand daugther put her hand on the keyboard (right side) pressing multiple keys at once.
Now my touchpad left + right click buttons do not work anymore,
No more scrolling a webpage with pushed left button
No more menu popup when clicking the right button. the other functions work, like tap to select and moving the mouse arrow, so touchpad is ON
When connecting a normal mouse (USB) to the laptop everything works like it should work

I've tried the following : all usersettings in the menu of windows11 :-( no go
I've removed the touchpad from the windows appliance manager screen, rebooted and it found a touchpad… re installed it… but again no function of the buttons.
I've tried installing the acer drivers from this site. still no progress.

Anyone knows what could have happened ? is it a (hidden) setting in Windows11 or is it a malfunction in the touchpad (I don't think that)

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to hide personal information]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,503 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi Nico,

You did the right things and still no results. This to me looks like a hardware issue, possibly a bad touchpad cable connection or some sticky fluid inside. You can try one more thing before returning the laptop to Acer Services in Holland to check the connections:
    Do a system restore to an earlier point, type restore in Search and click on "Create a restore point" at the top you will see System Restore and select a date before the touchpad problem.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    edited November 2023
    Options

Two things to look at… The F7 key (or Fn-F7) toggles the touchpad on and off and there are settings in the BIOS Main tab to enable or disable the touchpad advanced mode.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • njhabermehl
    njhabermehl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanx for the tips.
    touch pad is working, so F7 button is correct and working

I bypassed the issue, and bought a € 4 euro Bluetooth external mouse.
    (my laptop is over 4 years old, no way I'm going to send it to Acer)