Light vertical lines on my Acer TravelMate P215-53 screen

Bohdan10
Bohdan10 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hi.

Recently I've noticed 2 white vertical lines and 2 light dots on my Acer TravelMate P215-53 (Model N19Q8) screen. Those lines and dots are shown symmetrically along the 2 sides of the screen. And they only appear on a light color background. Please take a look at the photos.

I barely use the laptop's lid. Most of the time I have a monitor connected via HDMI. Laptop didn't get any damage. It lays calmly on the table all the time.
How can I get rid of it?

Thanks for your help

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

So, only displaying on a white or very light screen means the issue is with the intensity of the pixels, allowing too much of the backlight to bleed through. Can you see it at all with fully Red, Blue and Green display images?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

So, only displaying on a white or very light screen means the issue is with the intensity of the pixels, allowing too much of the backlight to bleed through. Can you see it at all with fully Red, Blue and Green display images?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bohdan10
    Bohdan10 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes, I can see it with every color except black and maybe very dark gray. BTW the photo doesn't show the intensity of those lines. It really catches your eye.

• billsey

There is a possibility it has something to do with the eDP cable running between the motherboard and display, but more likely it is the display itself. The part number for the cable is 50.VMNN7.008 and for the display:

It looks like the display comes with the cable. You can try reseating the cable several times to check to see if the issue is based on some corrosion buildup on the connectors. If nothing changes it doesn't tell us much, but if the symptoms change than it could indicate that is the issue.