Need to delete a program which is burdening processor cant delete it manually or in setting A515-47?

Options
DanielC89
DanielC89 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Windows 11

I need help. Previous week I have downloaded game from the website. When I installed the game, it started installing programs, which I didn´t started installing (web browsers, programs etc.). When the installing of the game ended, I began to notice, that the fan started working at full power. I knew, that something is wrong, because the power of the fan is going up only if I playing a game, or doing something, which using the processor more. I opened the Task manager and I saw the problem, one program, which is unwanted was very burdened the processor, and the processor is worked in full power. I ended the process of the program in Task manager, and then after 3 minutes the program was started again and burdened the processor and PC performance. And that is happened every 3 minutes. I tryed to delete program manually, after in settings and always it showed me: “Program can´t be uninstalled, program is opened in another program” but the program was opened nowhere. I decided to install ESET antivirus – Trial version, I did the scanning of all disks in my laptop, and then it found 4 files, which were infected by virus (the problem program was not been there). When I scanned the problem program, it didn´t found any virus in the file. I tryed a lot of ways to delete this problem program, but I can´t delete it. My laptop is Acer Aspire 5 A515 - 47, with Windows 11 OS, the name of the problem program is: “AtruicService” in the folder: “Atuctsoft”. Program is burdening whole laptop performance and the processor of my laptop. How I fix this problem and uninstall the problem program? 

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,508 Trailblazer
    Options

@DanielC89

Best to restore your system to an earlier point, type restore in Windows11 search bar and click on "Create a restore point" then click on System Restore, if this does not work because the "Create a restore point" feature was turned off (turn this feature on) you should do a "Reset this PC" type Reset in Search. Select the option "Without losing my files" There will be some files missing like your outlook address book, but that nasty program will be gone forever. Question how did you manage to install that in Windows11? Are all Defender security options in place (have green tick marks)? I hope you are only running Windows11 Defender and not 3rd-party AV stuff? Is your Windows11 22H2 version fully UpToDate, the latest is Build 22621.2506, check for updates twice a month.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,508 Trailblazer
    Options

@DanielC89

I cannot reply to your question for some reason, so I sent you a message instead.