Is my monitor compatible with Freesync on Predator X34P?

Options
Miky2148
Miky2148 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Predator Monitors

Hi I have an Acer Predator X34P monitor with NVIDIA GSYNC proprietary module purchased in 2019. I used it with an NVIDIA 2080TI GPU. Now I would like to buy an AMD 7900XTX video card but continue to use the same monitor. So now I'm wondering: is my monitor compatible with FREESYNC? If not, is there a software update? Is there a solution to make it compatible? Thank you

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Most G-Sync modules do support Freesync as well. That one is old enough though that it might be before they started adding that option to the G-Sync chipset. The X34P doesn't have a separate G-Sync card, instead the chipset is incorporated into the main board, so I believe it less likely to support Freesync than more modern monitors.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • miky2149
    miky2149 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Can I ask if there is software or another way to check in advance that my monitor is compatible/incompatible with FreeSync technology? Or can I be sure of compatibility/incompatibility just by testing it with an AMD video card?

Thank you

• Miky2148

Tinkerer

Options

Can I ask if there is software or another way to check in advance that my monitor is compatible/incompatible with FreeSync technology? Or can I be sure of compatibility/incompatibility just by testing it with an AMD video card?

Thank you

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

I think you need the GPU before you can test Freesync.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Miky2148

Tinkerer

Options

OK thank you. I apologize for posting a double message, I can't find the DELETE button to be able to delete it

• Miky2148

Tinkerer

Options

If I buy the 7900XTX to use with my FREESYNC-incompatible X34P, what problems will I have? With the 7900XTX I could afford to keep a stable 100fps (97) in practically any game and in theory I wouldn't need GSYNC/FREESYNC, right? Thank you

• Miky2148

Tinkerer

Options

I also asked Acer support and they wrote to me that through Adaptive Sync my monitor is compatible with an AMD video card. Does this mean that through the Adrenalin software, I will be able to activate Adaptive Sync?