Options
DonThomas48
DonThomas48 Member Posts: 1 New User

how can i get my sound to work

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

What computer do you have? What OS is on it? What type of speaker, headset or headphones are you using? Wired connection or wireless?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • alx181
    alx181 Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

To get your sound to work in your ASUS laptop, you can try the following:

1. Check your audio cables. Make sure that your audio cables are properly connected to your laptop and to your speakers or headphones.
    2. Check your audio settings. Make sure that your audio output device is set to the correct device. You can check your audio settings by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar and selecting Open Volume Mixer. Then, make sure that the volume slider for your speakers or headphones is turned up and that the mute button is not turned on.
    3. Update your audio drivers. Outdated audio drivers can cause sound problems. You can update your audio drivers from the ASUS website.
    4. Restart your computer. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor software glitches that are causing sound problems.
    5. Run the ASUS Audio Troubleshooter. The ASUS Audio Troubleshooter can automatically diagnose and fix common sound problems. To run the ASUS Audio Troubleshooter, open the ASUS Control Center app and go to Troubleshooting > Audio.
    6. Disable any audio enhancements. Some audio enhancements can cause sound problems. You can disable audio enhancements by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar and selecting Playback devices. Then, right-click on your speakers or headphones and select Properties. Click on the Enhancements tab and check the box next to Disable all enhancements.
    7. Try using a different audio output device. If you are using headphones, try using speakers instead. If you are using speakers, try using headphones instead.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Heheh, that ChatGPT dump didn't even get the manufacturer right. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.