Aspire Z24 - After running the Acer Care Centre I noticed that the C drive wasn't supported.?

Options
jcatha1
jcatha1 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in All-In-One PCs

After running the Acer Care Centre I noticed that the C drive wasn't supported. Is this right?

Thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• jcatha1

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Hi. It's the Z24-891 model. I don't use it a lot as I have other devices but it says that the C drive isn't supported in the Acer Care Centre:

Thank you.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ah, that's because it's a SSD and doesn't ever need any sort of defragging, unlike the HDD.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sometimes, the SSD controller does not resolve this fragmentation problem. Therefore, it is important to defragment an SSD only when necessary.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• billsey
    Options

First of all, which Z24 model is it? Is it the Aspire Z24-880 from 2017? When you say the C: drive isn't supported, what do you mean? Can you show us a screen shot of the issue? Acer Care Center is different for different models so I don't know what function you are trying to use…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jcatha1

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Hi. It's the Z24-891 model. I don't use it a lot as I have other devices but it says that the C drive isn't supported in the Acer Care Centre:

Thank you.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ah, that's because it's a SSD and doesn't ever need any sort of defragging, unlike the HDD.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sometimes, the SSD controller does not resolve this fragmentation problem. Therefore, it is important to defragment an SSD only when necessary.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jcatha1

Tinkerer

Options

Thank you for tour help

• jcatha1

Tinkerer

Options

Thank you for your hel0