B1-730 HD I cannot access my library on Google as it tells me there is no internet connection.

Options
ChecheGuevara
ChecheGuevara Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in Tablets

Hi, I've recently bought a very cheap second hand B1-730HD purely to use as an E-Reader because I have a lot of books on Play, and am finding my trusty 10" tablet a bit cumbersome. The tablet works absolutely fine except when it comes to apps. I cannot access my library on Google as it tells me there is no internet connection even though it is quite happily receiving my emails and allowing me to browse, and as you can understand it is annoying me a little. I am not knowledgeable with IT things so I am wondering how I get round the issue, or if I can.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

What app is it that you are trying to work with? You might find it easiest to contact the developer for help… Sometimes that type of error is caused by them expecting to connect to a specific server that isn't actually up and running.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ChecheGuevara
    ChecheGuevara Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It's Google Play Books, I have the feeling it is because it was a very old version of Android, all the system updates say I am on the latest version, but a lot of apps such as Amazon are showing a similar message. Thanks for the reply though 😊

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Very likely the case. They often do app updates that break older OS versions.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.