Aspire ZC-102 can i upgrade RAM to 8GB

Options
Irguy
Irguy Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in All-In-One PCs

I have an Acer Aspire ZC-102 all-in-one computer with 4GB of RAM. I need to know if I can upgrade it to 8GB or more. It came with windows 8 and I have upgraded it to Windows 10. If it helps the SNID is XXXX. I can send someone the S/N which is very long if it will help to get a answer. Please advise and Thanks in advance.

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail. Also, edited the sensitive content]

Best Answers

Answers

• Irguy
    Options

See the survey I filled out for my comment. Thanks

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! These links may help: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-ZC-602/17525

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Irguy
    Options

my computer is a zc-102 not the zc-602 model but thanks. The info does not tell me if I can replace the RAM with an 8GB chip or if there is room for another 4GB unit. I will open it up to answer the latter but the computer may only handle 4GB Max (2- 2GB chips). If I had the specs for the computer they would tell me the max RAM it can handle. I've built several computers in the past and this type of info was always available. If I knew the motherboard P/N it would tell me everything. Please try again.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,887 Trailblazer
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Maximum RAM 16GB DDR3L-1600 MHz.

The computer has 2 Slots to install memory, already with 4GB standard memory installed. Crucial recommends upgrading with 2x4GB DDR3L-1600 modules (Dual Chanel mode), Kingston recommends upgrading to the maximum 2x8GB (total 16GB DDR3L-1600MHz, CL 11, Dual Rank) modules.
    https://www.kingstonmemoryshop.co.uk/desktop/acer/aspire-aioall-in-one-zc-series/acer-aspire-aioall-in-one-zc-102-desktop?view_type=list

I am inclined to go with the Crucial recommendation of 2x4GB DDR3L-1600MHz, CL 11, Dual Rank (kit with 2 identical modules not 1 module added the existing module with different Brand, CL and Ranking).
    https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr3/ct2k51264bf160b/ct23342979

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here are the specs:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.