WiFi Adapter issue on Acer XC-603G says "no drivers found"

kd7ope
kd7ope Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Have Acer XC-603G model, when attempting to connect to internet with wifi adapter, says "no drivers found", yet I can install in 2nd desktop, it works just fine? Any suggestions?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Your WiFi card is a really old 802.11a/b/g/n style in a half-size mini-PCIe form factor. It uses either an Atheros chip or an Realtek chip. Device Manager should be able to show you which is correct. Once you know which type it is, go to the Acer support site and download the appropriate driver.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kd7ope
    kd7ope Member Posts: 2 New User

Device manager shows 802 wifi adapter, unk manufacturer, any suggestions?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer

The XC-605 listed Wi-Fi card is the Qualcomm Atheros AR5B22 Wi-Fi/BT card that is a 300Mbps dual-band (2.4g / 5g) + Bluetooth 4.0 with the Network Protocol: Support 802.11a / b / g / n. if that half mini PCI-E card that you have won't work in the XC-605 desktop #16 slot as shown below, then replace the card with a new one, as they are very cheap, also all the drivers for this card is on the Acer XC-605 drivers page that should work 100% with Win-10 or Acer has also Win-8 and Win-7 drivers for this card. There are no other suggestions as these cards either work or they don't or the WLAN slot on your mainboard is faulty, or its pins are damaged then you will have to use the #2 LAN connector as your internet connection that requires a cable.

Check the PCI-E mobo slot and make sure the black/white wire connection is correct to the Wi-Fi/BT card as shown below:

Aspire CX-605 mainboard details, check at #16 slot for any damage to the pins:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

If you bring up properties on the unknown adapter in the details tab you can look at the Hardware
    IDs:

Needless to say yours will likely be the Atheros or Realtek device, so your IDs will be different than mine. Search for those IDs to find compatible drivers. They are all on the Acer support site:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.