Acer scooter es5 - how to reduce the maximum speed from 25 to 20 km/h?

grgczyz
grgczyz Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

On the Acer es5 scooter website you can find information that the maximum speed is adjustable (link and screenshot below).
I have a question: how to reduce (adjust) the maximum speed from 25 to 20 km/h?

Regards,
Greg

https://www.acer.com/gb-en/escooter/Copy_of_series-5

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,254 Trailblazer
    edited October 2023

Hi @grgczyz it is not possible, the information about the speed only indicates at what speeds the scooter can operate, but it is factory adjusted to the maximum speed allowed by law in each country where it is sold.

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • angolq
    angolq Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 18

ORIGINAL

когато отвориш тротинетката от доло на контролера има 2 лилави жици когато и свържеш ще вдигнеш 25 .при мен фабрично бяха свързани и когато ги срязах вдигаше само 20

TRANSLATED

when you open the scooter from the bottom of the controller there are 2 purple wires when you connect them you will pick up 25. they were factory connected for me and when I cut them it only picked up 20

[Translated using Google]

• grgczyz
    grgczyz Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 19

Thank you angolq for your answer.

Tell me whether these purple wires have any connectors or do they need to be physically cut / connected?

Have you got any pictures of your Acer es5 controller?

Greg

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,789 Trailblazer

We don't have access to the service guide for those scooters, so can't recommend changes like that. It would certainly void your warranty to be cutting wires.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.