Predator Po3-600 Motherboard change I was thinking of buying a Mini-ITX motherboard

Options
Samgnk
Samgnk Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Desktops

hello, I’m thinking of buying a new motherboard for my pc (Predator po3-600) but since there’s no DTX Motherboard available I was thinking of buying a Mini-ITX motherboard to be more specific a (Gigabyte A520I AC (AMD Ryzen AM4/Mini-ITX) or a (GIGABYTE H610I (H610/ Intel/LGA 1700/ Mini-ITX/ DDR5/)

You guys think that those would work and fit in a predator po3-600 case? Thank you

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,055 Trailblazer
    Options

The PO3-600 case is made for an Acer proprietary size mainboard and the mainboard securing screws might not be at a standard Mini-ITX Form Factor position, so you have to be careful as you might need to modify the case to add these screw points to accommodate the Gigabyte A520I AC board.

PO3-600 mainboard securing points, which is different to a Mini-ITX Form Factor board

Gigabyte A520I AC securing points that could be different to the above PO3-600 case.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,891 Trailblazer
    Options

You should be able to use a mini-ITX, since the mounts are just a subset of the DTX or uATX form factor. Just be aware you will lose the front ports, since those motherboards don't have the 'diving board' on the front that Acer's has.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.