CPU fan fluctuating in rpm, goes from 4500rpm to 1500rpm and up again.

Options
Qausbc
Qausbc Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 23 in Predator Laptops

Cpu fan rpm goes up to 4500rpm then to 1500rpm and up again.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Hi @Qausbc the fan speed changes depending on the internal temperature generated mainly by the processor.
    Can you please indicate the exact model of the computer to check these values and what version of Windows is installed?

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Try disabling smartfan in the bios.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ganynani
    Ganynani Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Hi @Qausbc

It is common for the CPU fan to spin at varying RPM, depending on the needs of your computer.

It is mainly possible from PWM (pulse-width modulation) type of fan that have signals that adjust the fan speed. This technology allows the system to control the fan speed based on the temperature of your CPU or other components.

It goes back down from 4500rpm to 1500rpm most probably you have shifted from one application to another that need lesser processing power.

• henrryat1998
    henrryat1998 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2023
    Options

CPU fan RPM fluctuations are normal, especially when the CPU is under load. The fan will spin faster when the CPU is working hard to generate heat, and it will slow down when the CPU is idle. However, if the RPM fluctuations are excessive or if the fan is making noise, it may be a sign of a problem.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you provide the computer model?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)