Turnedoutwell Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in All-In-One PCs

Noise from speaker

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options

You may have to replace your internal speakers; an easy job and a set of speakers cost $20-$30.

• Turnedoutwell
    Options

Thanks for your response Puraw, sorry it was such a short comment from me above. Have you had experience of this problem before? It sounds like a very annoyed bee in a paper bag but louder. At boot up the noise begins immediately, stops as soon as the system closes the screen, then begins again and remains on for as long as the screen remains on. Setting the power saving mode to 1 minute screen cut off, the sound stops when the screen blanks and starts again when I resume the screen again. It sounds like electrical interference and different people have suggested turning off nearby LED devices, and maybe they're right in a sense that the screen is a massive LED device, so if it's got a fault then maybe be an indication. What do you think?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

It's not a common problem and it sounds like you are looking in the right direction. Electrical noise issues can be a bit of a black art. Does the sound change much when you raise or lower the speaker volume?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Turnedoutwell
    Options

No the speaker volume has no effect on the level of the buzzing noise. I'm consulting a local repair shop and I'll report back as I think I've run out of options at the moment.