Acer Predator PHN16-71 is showing "weak charging state even when I am using a 140W USB-C charger?

Omnipotens
Omnipotens Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in Predator Laptops

I have Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 (PHN16-71) and I have considered using a USB-C charger whenever I am going out to work with my laptop since bringing the power bricks seems too much of a hassle. I read that it is possible to do so since this laptop has two USB-C ports and supports Thunderbolt 4, which in turn supports a maximum of 100W charging.

So I bought a UGreen Nexode 140W PD charger to use for the laptop, paired with its 240W PD cord. However, Windows notifies me that I have a "weak charging state" every time I charge my device using USB-C.

Upon checking on the hardware specifications configuration of the laptop, it says that USB-C only supports up to 65W charging.

Upon checking on the wattage, it states that it charges at approximately 56-59W.

So I am confused an I have a couple of questions.

1. Does the laptop really have a maximum of 65W charging rate when using a USB-C charger, and not the 100W max of the Thunderbolt Port?
  2. Is this "weak charging state" bad for the battery and life of the laptop and of the laptop in general or not?

Thanks in advance! Thank you for your patience and answers.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers