Does PT315-52 monitor shell fit on PT315-51?

Options
SnoreLacks
SnoreLacks Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Monitors

So, my nephew dropped my bag containing my laptop. When I looked at it, the left hinge broke, metal case bent, hinge screws broke too, but everything else is fine. I looked online for a PT315-51 monitor case so I could replace it but it's all out of stock here in my country but I saw a PT315-52 that seems to be the same size but I am hesitant to buy it yet because it might not fit. So, does it fit? If not, where can I buy a PT315-51 monitor case?

For clarification purposes, I'm looking to replace the housing for the monitor of my PT315-51.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Acer has different part numbers for the two case pieces, so the chances are very good that they are not interchangeable. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Acer has different part numbers for the two case pieces, so the chances are very good that they are not interchangeable. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SnoreLacks
    SnoreLacks Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Oh. I only saw the PT315-51 on the bottom case(for clarification, the case that houses the motherboard, keyboard, etc.) so I assumed the same for the top case(the case that houses the monitor).

Was I right to assume that PT315-52 refers to the top case, based on what I understood?

• billsey
    Options

The PT315-51 and PT315-52 are different models of the Helios, from different years, though IIRC they did have a fairly short time between the two releases. I think the -51 came out fairly early in 2020 and the -52 late in the year. The -53 and -54 were about a year and two years later. Typically changes between years are more than just a chipset change, they do styling changes as well, and it's the styling changes that are reflected in the different plastics.