GWAP42424-WT screen flashes Red Green Blue Black Gray in sequence, ext monitor fine

Options
Flea777
Flea777 Member Posts: 1 New User

The built-in monitor when turned on goes solid red for a second, then solid green, the solid blue, then solid black, then solid gray, then repeats. It will continue this until the computer goes to sleep.

Connecting an external monitor to the VGA output shows the computer working fine. I can use any and all functions, but while I am doing that on the external monitor, the built-in one is cycling through the colors.

I first tried updating the system, and then updating the drivers, none of which helped (Windows 11 Home). I do not believe it is related to Windows anyway as I booted to a live Linux Mint 21 USB and have the same issue. Linux works perfectly on the external monitor while the built-in monitor cycles through the colors.

In addition, if I go into the bios, the bios ONLY displays on the external monitor, the built-in one just sits there cycling.

To be clear, there is no point at which the built-in monitor is not cycling through the colors except when the PC is off or asleep. When you first turn the computer on, the Gateway logo appears only on the external monitor. If you disconnect the external monitor, the built-in does the same cycling.

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options

bios ONLY displays on the external monitor, the built-in one just sits there cycling.

A hardware issue. If it's still under warranty, arrange for repair ASAP via chatline and/or phone 1-877-777-0649 and/or gateway & zendesk email addresses on the chatline page.

Jack E/NJ