Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57-704F Dual Boot (win10 and 11) storage drivers error while installing via USB

Ahtisham1
Ahtisham1 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in Nitro Gaming

I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57-704F and I am running windows 11 on it but Windows 11 had few issues that I thought might get fixed with the latest update but still not fixed and they are really annoying so I thought everything was working fine with Windows 10 so lets install both so I made a small partition out of 500gb m.2 that came with the laptop and wanted to install windows 10 in that new partition but was getting storage drivers error while installing via USB and drives were not showing up I tried downloading drivers from acer website but it didn't have the relevant drivers, is it possible that I could make this work?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,428 Trailblazer

Hi,

Try the methods in the tutorial attached, for the IRST drivers, go to Acer Support site and use the dropdown arrow to select Windows 10, then expand Drivers.

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/dual-boot-windows-11-with-windows-10.169/

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/Nitro%20AN515-57/downloads?suggest=AN515-57;1

• Follow this suggestion:
    a) enable safeboot and restart windows:

b) then, disable the vmd controller:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JimboTheWindowsFreak
    JimboTheWindowsFreak Member Posts: 67 Devotee WiFi Icon

Anything is possible with detirmination! Anyways, what partition table is used by the ssd?

• Ahtisham1

You mean if its MBR or GPT? its GPT though and I will try these steps to see if It actually allow the installation

• JimboTheWindowsFreak
    JimboTheWindowsFreak Member Posts: 67 Devotee WiFi Icon

Yes, It might not decide to install if it is GPT or MBR, check if your bios is using UEFI or Legacy booting.

• Ahtisham1

Your words of encouragement gave me hope to go ahead and try these step for the last time cause I was done😁 but I think disabling the vmd controller did the trick as it didn't even ask for storage drivers as I downloaded windows 10 version of it too as you mentioned, so all and all windows 10 install in like 3,4 minute for me which was the fastest i've seen so far. But I think boot up might be a little slower than before but its not that bad. Thanks for your help though.

• Ahtisham1
    edited October 2023

While I am here I wanna ask a few more things which was the reason I decided to use dual windows as everything use to work fine on windows 10 but I like the windows 11 new look so I upgraded to it as soon it was out but it wasn't great at the beginning a few of the things were really annoying as they removed stuff that was very useful on windows 10 so I went back to windows 10 but after buying this laptop I decided to try it again after this recent windows update ,its finally great to use but still has a few issues.

So first is when I use bluetooth speakers and earbuds with bluetooth one after the other it works fine with earbuds but it always mess up the speakers as it shows that it is connected to speakers but it won't show up in the output device so I have to change the drivers for those speaker by either updating them to latest version or rolling them back to previous version every time when they don't work. But its still not too bad as the second big issue I have with windows 11 is that I have a canon 700d which I use to use to connect to my laptop for remote shooting or if I needed to use it as a webcam for calls or video recording on windows 10 which you can do it by using EOS Webcam Utility which allows your dslr to show up as a webcam and you can easily select it in any app you are using and change the video source but unfortunately this EOS webcam utility doesn't support windows 11 so you can't use it and if you try to install the version that is available on windows 10 it doesn't work, even worse if you try to open it up in OBS and add a new video source OBS just freezes and you have to uninstall it if you want to not mess up OBS again but the cherry on top is that it refuses to uninstall as it keeps running a service in the background which can't be stopped if you click stop service but you can change its startup type to manual and then restart and then it uninstalls, I have also tried Helicon Remote app which also doesn't detect my camera but it work fine as you plug the camera and turn it on in windows 10.

So if I could find solution to mainly this camera thing I won't need windows 10 as I am used to windows 11 now and have everything going great on it, If you are familiar with any of this your help will be appreciated.