aspire xc-704 is it possible to upgrade the cpu

chrishohenwald
chrishohenwald Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

i have an old aspire xc-704 (socket 0) with an intel j3710 cpu. its soooooo slow. is it possible to upgrade the cpu in this dinosaur?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

SSD HD first.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder

@chrishohenwald not possible since the CPU is soldered onto the motherboard. You can try upgrading from the HDD to the SSD. This will help a lot with the app's loading speed.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

If your RAM is only 4GB as my research shows then upgrade to the maximum.'

Can you post a picture of your task manager performance at peak ??

• This information may help: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-XC-704/19265 and https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-XC-704G/19980

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Yes, it's best to upgrade using the proper sequences… HDD to SSD first and foremost, that gives you the biggest improvement in speed overall of anything you can do. Next is memory. Upgrade to the max of 8GB, here are the specs:

You should match the two chips for best performance. Next is GPU, but only if you are doing graphics intensive stuff, so gaming or video/image editing. Last is CPU, but that's moot on your system since the CPU is soldered to the motherboard.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.