Acer Aspire C24-1650 is no longer showing the Wifi option! Any help?

Options
Nowi276
Nowi276 Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited October 2023 in All-In-One PCs

Since yesterday, I no longer see the Wifi option on my Acer AIO desktop which is running Windows 11. All updates to the operating system are up to date and I have done network resets, restarting the computer 4 times, and even resetting my network router. All of them have not done anything so far.

I have had no issues with the C24 since I mostly use it for video editing and web browsing.

I'm typing this question on my Acer Aspire 3 laptop which does show and has Wifi! But my C24 does not! I'm extremely confused here! :(

[Edited to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Try to first press the F3 key and see if it activates the Wi-Fi, press it a few times as it should activate the Wi-Fi and BT. If not, then you need to reinstall the Wi-Fi driver which you can download with your Acer Aspire 3 laptop, so you have internet access.

To install this driver do it through Device Manager for your card, as Acer fitted 3 different cards to the C24-1650 AIO, so you need to know the model number to download the appropriate driver, which we can't help you with but you can download software like HWiNFO that will give you every component and spec of your AIO C24-1650, so download that software from your Aspire 3 and then put it on a USB and install it on your C24-1650 AIO, its a very simple process.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

What is the exact model? Example: C24-865. Are there any driver problems in the device manager?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nowi276
    Options

@edydiocoelho

I checked the drivers. I cant update them without internet and they are all up to date. Maybe there is a hidden wifi switch I accidentally turned off?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

It could be, but we can't tell without knowing just which C24 model you have. There have been a bunch of different ones over the years. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like C24-xxx-xxxx. Use Device Manager and expand the Network section to see what devices your computer thinks are connected. Maybe show us a picture of that?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GAMING6698
    Options

You download driver on phone and put it to laptop through USB after download or yoyou Can connect your smartphone with Laptop through USB and turn on USB tethering with mobile data on to use Ethernet on

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Nowi276
    Options

The model number for my All in One is a Aspire C24 - 1650. This sticker contains the specs of the computer I snapped with my phone on the side of the box.

Is there maybe a Wifi switch I might have accidently triggered? Because there is no way that a computer loses Wifi and refuses the user to connect. It doesn't even show up in the network settings!

I tried everything to get it back, I can't. Is there maybe an internal Network setting the computer accidentally disabled? :(

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options

When that happens and you haven't changed a network setting in Windows11, it means the Intel Wi-Fi adapter (Netwtw10.sys?) driver did not load properly. This may show as a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager but if other network drivers loaded OK, it may not show. Uninstall the Intel Wifi 6 driver in Device Manager and download and install the Bluetooth driver version 21.110.0.3, as I don't see the Intel WLan driver on Acer Support (TB and Wi-Fi use the same Intel adapter).

• Nowi276
    Options

Last time I checked, there were no warning signs (exclamation points) next to the Wifi Adapter. I'll try your method out and report to see if it worked or not. :)

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Try to first press the F3 key and see if it activates the Wi-Fi, press it a few times as it should activate the Wi-Fi and BT. If not, then you need to reinstall the Wi-Fi driver which you can download with your Acer Aspire 3 laptop, so you have internet access.

To install this driver do it through Device Manager for your card, as Acer fitted 3 different cards to the C24-1650 AIO, so you need to know the model number to download the appropriate driver, which we can't help you with but you can download software like HWiNFO that will give you every component and spec of your AIO C24-1650, so download that software from your Aspire 3 and then put it on a USB and install it on your C24-1650 AIO, its a very simple process.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you tell me the bios version?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nowi276
    Options

Nevermind. What in the world!? Its solved I guess!?

The Wifi on the AIO magically popped up again!?

I kept it unplugged and off for 3 straight days.

Weird.

But I guess if anything else pops up with my AIO or my Aspire, I'm glad to report another issue.

Thank you so much for the advice guys and I'll return with more issues, lol. (I hope they dont happen.) :D

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

The AIO models sometimes come with keyboards more similar to the laptop keyboards than to traditional desktops. On that type of keyboard there is often 'media keys' that do things like change volume, change display brightness and toggle airplane mode for the WiFi. If your keyboard has that toggle it would likely have a WiFi radio symbol on it and be invoked with either than key or Fn-that key.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.