C24-865 where the problems start no cursor and no keyboard

Options
Brian_Squipper2
Brian_Squipper2 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in All-In-One PCs

I turn on my C24-865 it starts up fine I get the windows log in page waiting for me to put my pin number in and this is where the problems start no cursor and no keyboard I have tried to use a corded keyboard but nothing there either so I have a PC waiting for me to log in but how?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! Does the keyboard work in bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Brian_Squipper2
    Options

I cannot get into the bios all I have is a log in screen with nothing working to be able to do anything with.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

You get into the BIOS way before that login screen comes up. Start by clicking the DEL key a bunch of times when you first turn it on to see if the keyboard will work in the BIOS. If it does work there but not at the Windows login prompt we know we are looking at an issue with the Windows install, not hardware.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Brian_Squipper2
    Options

Tried that and just goes to the blue log in screen, but thank you anyway,I did find if I press enter on start up it will go onto the recovery page which is so close to sorting it but still no cursor to do anything with so no closer to sorting it.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Have you tried it with another keyboard and mouse? bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Until you mentioned a different behavior when pressing the enter key it sounded like an issue with the keyboard signal coming into the system. When you say the enter key changes the behavior though that means it likely is getting something from key presses. That means I'm surprised that you can't enter the BIOS. Have you done any other OS installs on it, like Linux?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Brian_Squipper2
    Options

I have tried new batteries in keyboard & mouse, have also tried a new keyboard & mouse, and just to make sure also tried a corded (usb) keyboard and mouse all to no avail as of yet have no way to get into the system.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Do you know the exact model of the motherboard? Whoever interprets the keyboard commands is the super io.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer