PHN16-71 I want to update my BIOS version I'm afraid to do any harm to my laptop?

Options
islambek4366
islambek4366 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Predator Desktops

Hello everyone. I want to update my BIOS version but I'm afraid of that. Because in Acer Care Center it says 'your system is up to date' and shows my Bios version 1.10. But I noticed on Acer website there's a new BIOS version 1.13. Is it ok if I upgrade my BIOS to 1.13 ? I'm afraid to do any harm to my laptop. Thanks for the reply in advance

[Edited the thread to add issue detail and to hide sensitive information]

Best Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,853 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Don't update BIOS for no reason or just because there is a new version available. If Windows11 does not show the BIOS 1.13 version in Optional Updates, just wait till ACC and Windows will offer it.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

I always update my BIOS when the new versions come out. Windows update will only update the EFI, not the BIOS itself. In your case the 1.11 update isn't really important, since it was only to allow them to support a different panel for the display on some SKUs, but both 1.12 and 1.13 have useful changes. Go ahead and install 1.13 on your system. Since it's a laptop you don't have to worry as much about having the power go out during the update, which is the most common cause of failure for desktops. Just have the battery charged and your AC plugged in…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,853 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Don't update BIOS for no reason or just because there is a new version available. If Windows11 does not show the BIOS 1.13 version in Optional Updates, just wait till ACC and Windows will offer it.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

I always update my BIOS when the new versions come out. Windows update will only update the EFI, not the BIOS itself. In your case the 1.11 update isn't really important, since it was only to allow them to support a different panel for the display on some SKUs, but both 1.12 and 1.13 have useful changes. Go ahead and install 1.13 on your system. Since it's a laptop you don't have to worry as much about having the power go out during the update, which is the most common cause of failure for desktops. Just have the battery charged and your AC plugged in…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.