Potato889 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Laptops

ph317-54-77th

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Potato889
    Potato889 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, I have had my Predator Helios 300(model #PH314-54-77TH) for about 2.5 years. It has been working great until 4 days ago when it started blue screening and displaying "no bootable device". I did not get to see the error code before it turned off. I managed to get my laptop to run a disk check which fixed the problem for one day. Then my laptop continued crashing and displaying "no bootable device", but it did stop giving blue screens. Any advice on how to fix this? I love the product and hope this doesn't mean my motherboard is dying/dead.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options

The reason why your PH317-54-77th is crashing from "no bootable device" is 95% because of the laptop faulty SSD1 M.2 SSD boot drive that is faulty and keeps crashing. The simplest way, if the laptop stays on for at least 30min, is to try to patiently boot the laptop up again and do a clone to a new M.2 SSD with this laptops SSD2 slot, then take the faulty boot M.2 SSD out and replace it with a new cloned drive and boot the laptop as it will boot 100% and work perfectly, there are very few reasons why you are getting the "no bootable device" especially if the laptop worked perfectly before. Check the boot M.2 slot if any of its pins are missing of bent or if they look burnt, as that could also be a reason for your crates and also clean the 2x M.2 drive slots. Try this option above first, as its your easiest option or if you can't boot the old OS then reinstall Win-10 or try Win-11 and try the laptop with a new M.2 SSD boot drive and clean OS install.