Xbox X/S controller Bluetooth connection issues with my Acer Vero CBV514-1H

Braderz73
Braderz73 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

My Xbox controller connects to my Chromebooks Bluetooth, but then it just flashes the main Xbox light and displays on the screen repeatedly that it's connected. So, it seems to connect but never completes the process and I can't use it. The controller connects fine by USB and works wirelessly on my Samsung TV, so it seems to be fully operational and just doesn't want to connect to my Chromebook. I've tried the usual turn it off and on routine and manual pairing and nothing seems to work. Can anyone help? 🙏🤞

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer

Has it ever worked with the Chromebook? Because many others have reported similar issues with this particular controller on devices from other mfrs using the ChromeOS. The controller seems to constantly cycle between "Connecting" & "Connected" with LED flashing but never really doing either. The only solutions reported so far seem to be updating controller drivers from this link, or using a controller-specific dongle or a wired connection as described here.

Jack E/NJ

• Braderz73

Tinkerer

Hiya, thanks for helping.

The Xbox controller has never connected to my Chromebook via Bluetooth, and acts exactly like you have stated in your answer. The controller works via the supplied Xbox cable.

I'm not sure how I go about updating the drivers on a Chromebook, so I'll probably look into getting an adapter instead. It's a shame, I'm afraid I've been incredibly disappointed with a lot about mg new Chromebook, in many ways it performs less reliably then the first one I bought back in 2017, and was much cheaper and had lower specs all round.

• JackE

The controller works via the supplied Xbox cable. > I'm not sure how I go about updating the drivers on a Chromebook, so I'll probably look into getting an adapter instead. >

Possibly if we wait long enough, google & MS will try to work together to fix the issue. I'm not holding my breath though. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• Braderz73

Tinkerer

It's crazy that they can't get their products to work together, I'm not sure why they think it's in anyone's interests not too. It certainly doesn't make me want to purchase products of either company in the future, and now I'm adding Acer to that list!

I know I'm being a bit silly, but it is very frustrating when buying (for me) expensive products and then finding I have to buy other products to get them to work as advertised, or have them never work at all!

I don't suppose you can advise me on what adapter would help my Xbox controller connect to my Chromebook, as I can only find ones that apparently work with Windows OS computers? 🤦‍♂️

Thanks again. 🙂

• JackE

I can only find ones that apparently work with Windows OS computers?

I've only seen reports that these dongles seem to be compatible with USB ports on devices running ChromeOS that can't seem to make a stable BT connection. No guarantees though. Sorry.

Jack E/NJ

• Braderz73

Tinkerer

No worries, I kind of knew that was going to be the answer. Thanks again for all your help, it is much appreciated. 👍️🙏