Predator Helios PH315-55-795C Display problem in a 3-4 month old predator laptop

Options
Crossychicken
Crossychicken Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Laptops

I currently own a Predator Helios 300 2022 3070ti laptop (model no.: PH315-55-795C). It's been 3-4 months since the purchase and the product was manufactured in Jan,2023.

I don't have major complaints, however the display has some shortcomings. I was made aware of a 'predator' problem of having the screen go black for 5-10 seconds before turning back on while the laptop is under use (predator Helios 300 2018 edition i believe). I have personally encountered this problem several times but the downtime was 2-3 seconds. I had turned a blind eye to it but today i had a especially nasty "glitch"?

The laptop was unplugged and had ~60% charge. The laptop was running on iGPU, 60 Hz refresh rate display. I was working and for a quick break, i closed the lid, (nothing happens on closing lid). The laptop i believe went to sleep after 10 mins. Sometime later, I check back in and open the lid, the screen is black, i press enter and am welcomed by following screen of white rectangles and lines instead of the lock screen. The cursor has also turned to a movable white square in a static field of rectangles. Nothing i could do, I tried taking a screenshot but was unsuccessful. I clicked some photos with my phone(attached below).
I left it alone and clicked some pictures until it auto timed-off to a black screen after which reopening gave me a normal lock screen.

The problem was 'solved' for today but I am concerned with that behavior and am wondering if the system is rapidly deteriorating. since I opened my pc and am typing the message, the fan alternates by quickly increasing speed and goes back to normal again (max temp=60C; only browser use). i don't know if it is a related problem or a normal scenario.

Is this a well-documented problem similar to the auto screen-off as an predator owner had informed me?
What could be the reason behind this problem?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! I don't know if it will solve the problem. But there are some bios updates for the display:

I would try updating the bios to the latest version.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)