XV275KP3 This screen is incredible dark and nearly unusable without the "max Brightness" usable

Options
Aurel81
Aurel81 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Monitors

Hello mates… its me again.
i am not sure why i got this problem. Using this monitor
https://www.acer.com/us-en/monitors/gaming/nitro-xv5/pdp/UM.HXXAA.301

on a 2080 super via display port on windows 10

This screen is incredible dark and nearly unusable without the "Max Brightness" Setting.
Turning HDR under Windows an results in a mushy, grey, not color acurate image.
Same for the predefined modes. All of them are incredible dark
what am i doing wrong ?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    Options

Change monitor brightness from OSD Menu as well as windows settings after updating Gpu driver. Make sure you install Both Nvidia and intel gpu driver (install intel Vga driver from acer support site).

HDR washed out issues simply happen owing to the improper setting of brightness balance and HDR itself cause this

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Aurel81
    Aurel81 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options

thank you for your replay, but sadly it is still the same problem. i dont get it to work properly … posted some pictures for brightness comparison.

"Max Brightness" off and Brightness 100%: (Power consumption showing a white google result fullscreen: 32 watt)

incredible dark, you hardly can read the OSD-Menu

"Max Brightness" on, Brightness 70% (Power consumption showing a white google result fullscreen: 56 watt)

the 2nd one is ok , but why is there the possibility to turn "Max Brightness" Setting in the OSD-Menu off, if the screen isnt usuable after that … its really sad

Windows HDR on (Power consumption showing a white google result fullscreen: 97 watt)

and typical powerconsumption: 31.5 watt ? …

• GAMING6698
    Options
  • gatorcoder
    gatorcoder Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2023
    Options

I've got the exact same problem but it exists for all input types (HDMI from Dell laptop), USB-C Display Alt Mode, and DP from 2080 Super. I've played around with settings and at max brightness sitting next to my Legion Y27q-20 it's WAY darker. There is no way that the device that is plugged in and currently in "HDR" mode is able to hit the HDR1000 requirement (for brightness).

I noticed the issue was that the colors looked a little washed out and after some tweaking to setting color temp etc it really just appears that the brightness cannot get "that bright." I've played around with the Acer Desktop app and no luck and played around with tweaking settings in the OSD.

Edit: Somehow when I tweaked max brightness before it never appeared to do anything but … I just turned it on, it's plenty bright.