Nitro 5 AN515-57 problems fully charged but the orange light is constantly blinking.

Options
Leland1961
Leland1961 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited September 2023 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

Nitro 5 shows it is fully charged but the orange light is constantly blinking. Tried all the suggestions I found on the net no change. Not sure what to do now. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

You don't mentions just which Nitro 5 you have, so we can't give you more detailed information. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like AN5xx-xxx-xxxx. On most models a blinking battery status light is trying to tell you the battery has gone bad. On most models you can do a battery reset to see if the problem goes away or comes back. Let us know what you have and we can go from there.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Leland1961
    Options

AN515-57….is what it is…

• Leland1961
    Options

Now it's making a buzzing sound. Anyone?

• Leland1961
    Options

Hmmm…guess no one knows what to do…be better just to get a new laptop but definitely not an acer….

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Hi @Leland1961 you must be patient, everyone who participates in the community is a user like you and answers are possible when free time allows.

What suggestions have you tried so far?

According to the service manual, this is the behavior of the LEDs:

The blinking LED indicates that there is a problem with the battery or that it is discharged.

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Leland1961
    Options

Like I said I've tried everything I could google. All it did was cause the laptop to start making a noise. I can't seem to remove the back to remove the battery. Tired of these Acer problems. Thanks for your input.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Here's how to access the battery:

Try disconnecting it, wait about five minutes and before connecting it, press the power button for a few seconds to eliminate the residual current.

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (Twitter)

• Leland1961
    Options

I've tried removing the back but there is nothing I can get my fingers into. It's all flat and no way I can see to get it open. Yes I removed the screws but cannot figure out how to get the back off. Any suggestions?

• Leland1961
    Options

Okay, is there a way to turn off the power to the battery until I can a new one?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

Sometimes a laptop is designed such that with the battery disconnected you can plug the charger in and it will still run. Sometimes the design is such that the battery has to be in the circuit to work. The only way to tell which yours is is to try…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Leland1961
    Options

Okay but do you have any idea how I could turn off the power to the battery? It only started doing all this after I moved to a new address. Seems laptops don't like to be moved.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

I leave you a video, it is in Spanish, but the image may help you:

Thank you.
    All the best.

X (Twitter)

• Leland1961
    Options

Thanks for trying but it being in Spanish is just too confusing for me.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

You don't have to listen to it, just see the images.

X (Twitter)

• Leland1961
    Options

Yeah, I know. The thing is it is easier for me if I can understand the person.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

OK, here it is in English, see if it can help you disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes and connect it again, check later if the problem is resolved.

Thank you.
    All the best.

X (Twitter)

• Leland1961
    Options

I don't have a guitar pick but I do have a debit card. Will that work to get the back off?

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

A credit card will not work, it is soft and will end up bent or broken, the plastic element for disassembly is special and is sold in specialized stores, in any case, you can take it to a nearby technical service to evaluate the problem.

Does the equipment still have a warranty? If you have it, contact Acer warranty services directly.

Thank you.
    All the best.

X (Twitter)

• Leland1961
    Options

Unfortunately, the closest tech is over 200 hundred miles away. The warranty has expired because the laptop is over 2 years old. Any other suggestions on what I could use to get the back off?

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Some plastic material a little harder than a credit card and thin enough to access the joint, something like what the video shows.
    You can also buy them on Amazon.

Thank you.
    All the best.

X (Twitter)