Acer Aspire C27-96 Monitor has started shimmering/flickering - gentle tap on screen resolved it once

Dubjedi
Dubjedi Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited September 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I’ve had my PC just a couple of years and it has been great.. until now. Yesterday it booted into Windows 11 as usual but with the screen shimmering/flickering so badly that text is barely readable and it’s unusable.

I gently tapped the screen yesterday after checking software related concerns and the screen popped back to crystal clear and remained like that for the day, after which I shutdown.

Unfortunately on booting up this morning, the problem is back and no screen tapping is resolving the issue now. Any tips before I either open it up myself or bring it to someone to repair.

Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

1st, try reseating the HDMI cable'

If not then clean and reseat the LVDS cable within the monitor.

The LVDS cable goes from the main board to the display unit, within the monitor.

• Hello! The model is the Aspire C27-865?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dubjedi

Hi Larry, thanks for your reply. I don’t have any external HDMI cable attached, so I presume you mean the HDMI port/cable internally. I’ll try to look at that and the cable from the system board to the monitor. Hopefully I can prize it open easily enough! Appreciate the tips.

• Larryodie

LVDS should be the same in a All - In -One, I, assume that that is AIO ??

I uses a rubber eraser to clean then use alcohol to finish.

Google and You Tube are your best friends with LVDS as the key word.

• Larryodie

You Tube search " lvds cable cleaning"

Be gentle removing and unscrew or use the releases to remove.

It will be tarnished so clean with an eraser and alcohol

• Dubjedi

Thanks Larry, I’ll take a look.

Hi Egydiocoelho, it’s an Acer Aspire C27-962.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Note that the LVDS cable is tough to get to on your model. It's connected to the back side of the motherboard:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • These images can help with disassembly:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)