My TravelMate P214-53 has a Thunderbolt 4 port, not able to detect an eGPU (GPD G1)

Options
naveenarur42
naveenarur42 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa

My TravelMate P214-53 has a Thunderbolt 4 port. All the drivers and firmware is up to date. However it is not able to detect an eGPU (GPD G1). Help.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

Specs on the GPD G1 eGPU says it needs a USB4 port, not a Thunderbolt. IIRC USB4 is AMD specific and your system is Intel based. You might reach out to them to see if there's something needed to run the GPD G1 on a TBT4.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • naveenarur42

Tinkerer

Options

GPD G1 supports Thunderbolt 4 not USB4. Can you tell me where you read this specs? https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-g1-the-smallest-graphics-card-expansion-dock/x/23990626#/

• billsey
    Options

From their website:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • naveenarur42

Tinkerer

edited October 2023
    Options

Interesting. They specifically mention in the specs about Thunderbolt 4 support in the link you have mentioned.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Try enabling this option:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • naveenarur42

Tinkerer

Options

TBT Gain option in BIOS was already enabled and BIOS is most updated one

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

What is the egpu model?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options

@naveenarur42 does the thunderbolt control center detect any devices?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    edited October 2023
    Options

As stated in the original post, the eGPU is a GPD G1 model.

• naveenarur42

Tinkerer

Options

I dont have any other thunderbolt devices to test

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options

@naveenarur42

What about plugging in the eGPU? Nothing shows up on the control center?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!