Acer Aspire u27-880 AIO The computer only shows a black screen.

Options
bent2517
bent2517 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in All-In-One PCs

The computer only shows a black screen, The power consumption is about 30 Watts, No output from external HDMI, no sounds,

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• bent2517
    Options

Actually it's Acer Aspire u27-885 AIO

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

First step is to try and see if the issue is with the display or with the computer. Can you hook a different monitor or TV to the HDMI Out port on the back? With that connected and powered on, boot up and wait long enough for it to get into Windows if the computer side of things is working, then if there's no display on the external display try using the Windows-P key to change output modes. If there is still no display with various output options then likely the issue is with the computer side of things and not with the display. You can possibly test that by connecting an external device to the HDMI In port. If you do get something on the external display then we can see that the computer is working and it's the display that is having the issue. Use the Windows-P to verify that both the internal and external displays are active to see if the internal display can be brought up…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bent2517
    Options

I have tried to connect a TV and a monitor to the HDMI out. No picture - I tried the Windows P.

There is no startup sound.

Using the HDMI in there is audio output to the Acers speakers from my chromebook - but no video -

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Then the system is not coming up, so unlikely to just be a display issue. It won't be easy to diagnose from here though… Typically when you press the power button it turns on the power circuits on the motherboard, does a little initialization then starts POST. With no beeps you aren't getting as far as the beginning of POST, so either the BIOS is not getting initialized, the CPU is not running or the power is not coming on. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.