SSD/Storage Acer Swift 3 I still am almost out of storage.

MintyDraws
MintyDraws Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited September 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

So recently I got to max storage limit on my laptop. And this time Its to where I want to keep a lot of stuff and I removed a ton of stuff and I still am almost out of storage. I use my laptop for a lot of modeling and stuff

What other options do I have to completely make up a lot of space. I was thinking of putting everything on a google drive but IDRK. I just want more space. and I am not going to get any drives because I don't have room to put them and theres only 2 USB ports on my laptop and i use them for my drawing pad and mouse.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• MintyDraws
    MintyDraws Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited September 2023

Also it corrupted all my photoshop files so idk what happened

edit: I reinstalled photoshop and the files are no longer corrupted

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,520 Trailblazer

237GB is far too small for main storage, replace that SSD for a 2TB SSD (M.2 NVMe x2 or x4 2280 form factor).
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Swift-SF314-53G/70258

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,790 Trailblazer

You don't tell us which Swift 3 model you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx. As suggested, 256GB is really too small of storage for modeling and image editing. You should be storing your finished images offline, either on thumb drives or something like Google Drive or OneDrive, but replacing the small SSD with a larger one will take a lot of the pressure off.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.