Im facing Blue Coloured Border in the edges of my Acer VG240YP Monitor can anyone please help??

Options
Mimcaster
Mimcaster Member Posts: 3 New User

so back in 2020 i bought my Acer VG240YP 144Hz IPS Gaming Monitor, things worked out pretty well untill now within 2023 this month i started noticing Blue Coloured Borders surrounding the edge or corners of my display, Im using DPI cable for connecting this dsiplay to my PC, i have added one picture of the issue im facing if anyone can help please help me out with this situation.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options

Please post a phone photo of a full screen black.jpg image file if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• Mimcaster
    Options

Sure im adding another phone clicked photos, with black.jpg image if you can help it would be very helpfull.

• JackE
    Options

While probably not causing the border issue, the screen does show excessive backlight bleeding especially near the corners. Might try to address that later on. Is your desktop background essentially the same blue hue in the border areas?

Jack E/NJ

• Mimcaster
    Options

No not the backgorund, the egdes surrounded the whole 3 sides of screen except bottom all left, right and top has this kind of bluish colour, so is the backhlight bleeding??

• JackE
    Options

No, the blue borders are NOT backlight bleeding. Backlight bleeding is the light-colored tan to white shadows in the black image area. Backlight bleeding is often caused by screen brightness that is set too high. But backlight bleeding usually does not cause the blue border.

The blue border might be caused by PC's GPU, not the monitor. What is your PC? A desktop? A laptop? What GPU does it have? What operating system does it have?

Jack E/NJ

• Johan_monitor
    Johan_monitor Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, jacke i also have the same problem with my monitor border

im using desktop pc

GPU : Radeon rx 570

• JackE
    Options

What program are you using to project a full screen black.jpg file? Try setting different resolutions to see what happens.

Jack E/NJ

• Johan_monitor
    Johan_monitor Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Sorry im quite loss about what you asking, english is not my main language. But does it mean you want to know what happen if i change display resolution ? my current reso 1920x1080 but when i change to any lower reso its still the same.

• JackE
    Options

Sorry im quite loss about what you asking,

Open BLACK.JPG file with the Microsoft "PAINT" application.

Then click "VIEW" tab.

Then click "FULL SCREEN" icon.

Jack E/NJ

• Der_Meis7er
    Der_Meis7er Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Any solution to this? I have a Predator XB323UGP that is starting to do this around 3 corners.

Only had this monitor for 2 years. not happy.

• JackE
    Options

Post a phone photo of a full screen black.jpg file so we can how much leakage actually shows.

Jack E/NJ

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options

i see you have clipped a camera to this monitor.. can you please remove it. I'm guessing the clip could have caused pressure..

once removed, turn off the monitor, disconnect all the cables including power cable. then press and hold power button for 30 seconds.. post this connect only the power cable and check if you still have the issue.. (make sure not to clip the camera)

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • HailHedra
    HailHedra Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
  • JackE
    Options

Post a phone photo of a full screen black.jpg file so we can how much leakage actually shows.

Jack E/NJ

• HailHedra
    Options

thanks for your respond, honestly it is hard to capture correctly, but here is

• JackE
    edited April 26
    Options

The camera lens needs to positioned & aimed more perpendicular and closer to the center of the screen. The lens in your photo is at too much of an angle and too far away from the center of the screen.

Try this instead. Turn PC off. Turn it back on and immediately tap F2, ESC or DEL to enter the BIOS menu. Post another phone photo of the BIOS information page as described above.

Jack E/NJ

• HailHedra
    Options

is the bios information necessary to fix the problem?

• JackE
    Options

Choose another BIOS page if you like. We're only interested in the BIOS screen appearance. We want to try to eliminate the operating system or discrete GPU involvement in the monitor bleeding.

Jack E/NJ