ph315-55 Windows update gave me an optional update of intel graphics driver

Options
Muhil
Muhil Member Posts: 464 Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited September 2023 in Predator Laptops

But that update is not even there in support page (ph315-55). can anyone using the same model tell what version of intel graphics driver u guys are using

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

This driver may not be available on the Acer website. But it is possible that it will be available on the Intel website. Is your computer losing performance after updating the driver?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Muhil
    Options

@egydiocoelho idk bro i updated it once in optional updates and then only i think im facing stutter and lag issues in my laptop another user named @3BX facing same issue fixed it using support page intel graphics drivers so testing it

• Muhil
    Options

just want to tell bro the drivers are just trash dont know how this driver is coming to windows update if acer has not approved or smth

not only this driver realtek driver also drivers provided by acer is just trash causing crackling sound . driver team should take note. i fixed it by rollbacking the realtek driver

for comparison asus and other oems have released latest oem intel gpu driver and stuff and still acer is not caring about last year laptop buyers

• Muhil
    Options

atleast acer should tell to use drivers in support page and not update stuff it aint broken or stop windows from updating stuff and mess it up @egydiocoelho

• Muhil
    Options

@egydiocoelho please reply

• Muhil
    edited September 2023
    Options

the latest intel 2023 graphics driver is there in nitro series support page but not in helios 300 support page

i got the same version of update as it is in the support page of the nitro above but i cant find it in the support page of my laptop (as u can see in vga uma intel). also new rtx 3060 graphics drivers why?

it should be same in all support pages of all model s right

• Muhil
    Options

@Acer-Blayn @Acer-Wick @CristianF @RenanVilela @Alejandro_AC @XdxD anyone can u help me with this and the previous post i posted?

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

@Muhil I'll tell you how the controllers work.

All brands, Acer too, use modified device manufacturer drivers in most cases, that is, Acer commissions the manufacturer, Intel, for example, to make a driver for an Acer model and provides Intel with the characteristics of the equipment, this ensures that the controller is tailor-made for that model, guaranteeing better performance.

This is mainly done with portable equipment.

The usual procedure is to install the drivers provided by Acer, then go to Windows Update.

The version of these drivers does not match the Intel ones because the Acer/Windows Update one is customized and the Intel one is generic and the fact that they are different versions does not indicate that it is an old version, but you can see the update date to know.

The Intel generic may not be the right one for your computer; on many occasions, when you try to install an Intel driver, it warns you that it is not the right driver.

How can we summarize all this:
    -Always install Acer/Windows Update
    -Install the Intel ones when due to some type of problem, we want to try, if the Intel one solves it, we can keep this driver.

To install a different driver, it is necessary to first uninstall the previous one and restart the computer, a generic one will be installed and on top of it, you install the new driver.

I don't know if I answer your questions, in any case, I am waiting for your new questions.

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Muhil
    Options

@Alejandro_AC but acer is not providing that windows update intel driver in support page of my laptop but it is there in the support page of nitro model as in above

• Muhil
    edited September 2023
    Options

and when i uninstall the intel drivers to fix the stutter issue i have only when using the intel gpu I have to find the driver in the support page in nitro page and then update for my predator

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Use Intel Automatic Update and see what it offers you:

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Muhil
    Options

@Alejandro_AC ok updated and testing if it fixes the issue

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Is the performance issue still occurring? Have you tried changing the power plan?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Muhil
    Options

@egydiocoelho no i have not changed the power plan acer just released a new chipset driver so im testing it if it fixes the issue

• Muhil
    Options

@Commodore_1995# yes still the lag is occuring I have even did a clean installation of windows 11 and the lag is still occuring, and I think the system process is the culprit it keeps using gpu 1 copy

the first half is gaming in the gpu and then normal use u can see the gpu not going to idle at sometimes and then coming back up again. Since this gpu is used this is causing system wide lag