ACER Nitro 5 AN517-55 second m.2 slot support NVMe? Or i have to use disc m.2 with sata?

Options
kasztanowyjim
kasztanowyjim Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hi,

I have laptop ACER Nitro 5 AN517-55 with i5-12500H.

I bought a laptop with a disc m.2 NVMe 512 Gb (system disc).

I try to add second disc (Plextor m.2 NVMe 512) to second m.2 slot - but bios doesn't see it. I read a lot of post on forum and I have serious doubt: or in my model of laptop second m.2 slot support NVMe? Or i have to use disc m.2 with sata?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,014 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

You need to go to Disk Management by right clicking the windows icon in the taskbar and then choose Disk Management, as your new Plextor M.2 NVMe 512GB drive is shown there. Its a very simple task. See this guide here Disk Unknown Not Initialized in Windows

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

With the new SSD connected, can you send a photo of the bios information tab?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Alejandro_AC
    Options

Hi @kasztanowyjim is your new disk recognized in the BIOS setup?

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• kasztanowyjim
    kasztanowyjim Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2023
    Options

Dear All,

My second disc (wchich i try to add) is: Plextor PX-512M8VG+ (SATA!)

Unfortunately the drive DID NOT appear in the BIOS.

My winddows 11 doesn't see my second disk -  I tried "scan scan for changes' in device manager

In Disk Management I see only my previous system disk, (first slot M.2, with disk fabricly mounted). I tried option "scan disk again" - still Windows dont see my second disk.

Below are photos of my BIOS. Please help me - I'm helpless now. My second drive worked fine on another computer and was formatted before moving.

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information]

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,620 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

The disks compatible with the equipment are of the NVme type, perhaps that is the problem:

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,812 Pathfinder
    Options

@kasztanowyjim it seems like this model doesn't support SATA SSD anymore. Only NVMe SSD is supported for both slots.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

Did you disconnect the lithium battery before installing the SSD?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)