Predator Helios 16 custom boot image not working

Options
GForceProductions
GForceProductions Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi guys, I just got a Predator Helios 16, and did a fresh windows reinstall to split partitions. Then I downloaded all drivers and programs from the website and installed them. But when I choose my own gif now as boot animation, it does not work anymore, it did before the reinstall.

I came across this thread:

Which shows a suggestion how it could be fixed. However, in one step it mentions PredatorSense in the registry with the following picture.

In my registry, the whole predator sense folder is missing in the OEM folder. I don't know why, I just downloaded the program from the acer website for my product and installed it, and afterwards did an update through Microsoft Store. Perhaps in my case, the fact that this folder is missing is the cause for the custom boot not working?

Anyone have any experience with this kind of situation? Suggestions what to do now?

Should I just manually create the folder and all the entries? If so, does anyone have the contents for me?

Or will that not work and should I do something else?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• GForceProductions
    GForceProductions Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Solved. By just following the steps of the other thread and not caring about the things that are different to that situation.