Acer V277U grey issue - weird issue where light grey looks white.

Options
JordonMusser
JordonMusser Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in Monitors

I have 3 of these, and one of them has a weird issue where light grey looks white. It makes gmail and other applications that have minor changes in highlighting almost impossible to use.

Any direction on how to solve would be great. Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JordonMusser
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks. I swapped the cable out and viola, magic it works. I am surprised since its a digital connection

Answers

• Simonics
    Simonics Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited September 2023
    Options

Monitor should have own instructions and settings, how to adjust colour settings, brightness, contrast, anti-glare, etc.

See what the other monitors are set to, then copy that.

• JordonMusser
    Options

I know where the settings are, but I am not sure what would be the recommended process for solving the particular issue I have sense everything else seems to be roughly inline.

• Simonics
    edited September 2023
    Options

Assuming graphics drivers + software all up to date, and that your PC can handle 3 monitors, then….

If all 3 monitors are connected to the same PC, and all 3 monitor settings are identical settings, then it is an issue with one monitor, or the connections to that monitor, eg cable, type of cable, socket, type of socket.

If you change the leads from your PC to different monitors, does the problem switch to a different monitor? - If so, it is either the cable, socket, or the type of connection eg DVI, HDMI, etc.

If it is the monitor, then play with colour settings, or talk to the people you bought it off. Currys Knowhow are good to talk to over the counter, even if you didn't buy it from them. If the monitor is faulty, you obviously need to get it replaced if in warranty.

Does the monitor have excessive light bleed from the edges?. Put a total black background as desktop background - then you can see light bleed coming in from the edges. Is it excessive on one monitor compared to the others?

• JordonMusser
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks. I swapped the cable out and viola, magic it works. I am surprised since its a digital connection

• Simonics
    Options

That's great.