Aspire A5SP14-51MTN Windows 11 installation problems

Options
2ndStefan
2ndStefan Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

Aspire A5SP14-51MTN - I don't see SSD storage when installing windows 11.

What can I do?

Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,950 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You need to do the below, that is why you cant see the M.2 SSD boot drive! Do this, when you get to the Win-11 installation stage of "Where do you want to install Windows' go to the Acer Aspire A5SP14-51MTN - Drivers & Manuals page > Drivers and download the IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver version 19.5.1.1040, then unzip this drive and put it onto either the installation Win-11 USB or on a separate USB and when you get to the Win-11 stage of the installation screen below you have to do this:

1. First - Delete the boot partitions.
    2. Second - Go to Load Driver and Install the unzipped IRST driver.
    3. Third - Format the boot drive at Format and then you will be able to continue the clean install of Win-11 onto the M.2 SSD boot drive.

Ita a simple process as that is all that you have to do at the Win-11 installation section below:

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

I always choose to disable the vmd controller in the bios. It's faster and more practical.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,950 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You need to do the below, that is why you cant see the M.2 SSD boot drive! Do this, when you get to the Win-11 installation stage of "Where do you want to install Windows' go to the Acer Aspire A5SP14-51MTN - Drivers & Manuals page > Drivers and download the IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver version 19.5.1.1040, then unzip this drive and put it onto either the installation Win-11 USB or on a separate USB and when you get to the Win-11 stage of the installation screen below you have to do this:

1. First - Delete the boot partitions.
    2. Second - Go to Load Driver and Install the unzipped IRST driver.
    3. Third - Format the boot drive at Format and then you will be able to continue the clean install of Win-11 onto the M.2 SSD boot drive.

Ita a simple process as that is all that you have to do at the Win-11 installation section below:

• 2ndStefan

Tinkerer

Options

Thank you very much!

Iwill do so.

• 2ndStefan

Tinkerer

Options

It's working! 😉

Except touchpad! 🤣

Unbelievable

• themero
    themero Member Posts: 49 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited September 2023
    Options

What's unbelievable is you need to install a driver for it to recognise a drive . Last time I had to do that was with a floppy disk and a copy

• 2ndStefan

Tinkerer

Options

Unbelievable!!

I will download the drivers from the manufacturer.

I hope I don't have any more surprises as I use the laptop....

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

I always choose to disable the vmd controller in the bios. It's faster and more practical.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Except when VMD is disabled, all the extra features that Intel has designed into the chipset for drives are also disabled…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.