Acer Triton 300 PT314-51s-76QN SE not accepting ram

Options
Doomlaserz
Doomlaserz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in Predator Laptops

Acer Triton 300 SE PT314-51s-76QN

Recently wanted to upgrade my ram from 16gb to 64gb. I learned that my computer only goes up to 24gb and so I swapped the 32gb ddr4 3200 stick for a 16gb variant. When restarting, I get a black screen and the keyboard lights up. Am I missing a step besides swapping out the sticks?

I haven't worked on computers in a few years, and thought this would have been easy lol

Any help would be welcomed.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,824 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

Maximum Memory 24GB. Maximum Memory Per Slot16GB.

There is one SODIMM slot for memory upgrades. In addition to that, there is some (8 GB) RAM soldered to the motherboard.
    Crucial recommends up to 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM CT16G4SFRA32A https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct16g4sfra32a/ct20404672 Check the DDR4 specifications of the DDR4 you installed if they match the Crucial DDR4. If you want Dual Channel Mode (maximum clock speed) you have to match the 8GB soldered DDR4 (2 x 8 GB identical modules) to find the part number of the soldered DDR4 run CPU-Z or paste this in the Command Prompt: wmic memorychip list full Google the part number and buy exactly the same module (brand, everything the same).