predator PH317 Mainboard How can I be sure of this situation? & my computer is not turning on

Options
Preatorian
Preatorian Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in Predator Laptops

I own a 2019 model predator, a while ago, while my son was playing a game, the computer suddenly turned off and never turned on again, according to the information I received from official and unofficial services, the motherboard and all components (processor and video card) of my computer became unusable. How can I be sure of this situation? Could it be that my computer is not turning on due to some other reason?

Thank you in advance for your support.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

It's a bit hard to advise what is wrong with your laptop by what you say and/or not even knowing what the exact model of the laptop is, as just giving us the first digits of your Predator Helios PH317-xx laptop without the last digits numbers does not help. Generally, if a laptop doesn't turn at all and is dead when you press the power key, its got to do with the laptops power stages and you need to chase its power circuitry tracs for faulty or burned out circuitries, that have shorted or burned like a capacitor or a mosat, but with a mosat which protects power surges from reaching either the gpu or cpu that could be critical, as a high voltage could have progressed and destroyed the gpu or cpu, which is a terminal issue and you will need to replace the mainboard, which is not cheap in these gaming laptops.

But to establish all this your laptops mainboard has to be inspected under a microscope and tested with a multimeter and a thermal gun, by an experienced technician that knows what to look for and to establish what is exactly wrong and which chip(s) have burned out? So and basically, that is the situation with what could be wrong with your laptop, as there could be other issues that are not evne related to the power that can also stop your laptop from booting.