My Predator PHN16-71 is hanging daily when I try to work on it,

Options
anik4good
anik4good Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hi Acer Support,
I am facing the same issue, and I have tried to reset the windows and run the above command you shared, but so far, nothing works. It's daily hanging when I try to work on it, so please help me resolve it. Thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Describe what your PHN16-71 laptop is doing, hanging can mean allot of things. try to reset the laptop and also upate the bios to the last bios version 1.12 for this PHN16-71 laptop, then install all the windows updates, install Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan and update all Intel drivers, then go to the NVidia site and download the last RTX4070 or 4060 or 4050 driver for whichever gpu your laptop has, and also install the GeForce Experience software for gaming, as that is what you have to do for this laptop to perform at its peak. Also check the ram if its not faulty or your M.2 SSD, as a faulty ram can also make your laptop hang.

• anik4good

Tinkerer

Options

I have done all of those, but it still a day-to-day task Freezes then I had to manually shut it down using the power button cause nothing works.

the one left is bios update i guess

• StevenGen
    Options

Have you got anything connected to the laptop usb's or thunderbolt ports like a hub, a laptop tablet cooler that has a hub or anything that can cause this freeze or hang. As that happened to my laptop with a laptop tablet cooler and it use to turn my laptop off, as it lost power.

• anik4good

Tinkerer

Options

no nothing
    so i have updated the bios to 1.12 and then updated the intel drivers and so far its working fine lets monitor for while and see

also may i know how much ram you are using with your laptop ?

• anik4good

Tinkerer

edited September 2023
    Options

so far same issue please check this video for better understanding and me know is there any fix for that

https://streamable.com/8inxog