UPDATE MY BIOS I can’t find nothing online that would help me

Options
Dot_jay
Dot_jay Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in Acer Software

hello everyone, I have a acer FG43D motherboard and I was looking to update my bios and I can’t find nothing online that would help me, I don’t know if it is because my motherboard is very old, I have one question can I upgrade my cpu to a Intel Core 2 Quad Q9500 would this motherboard let me?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

We have no cross reference for motherboards without knowing what machine it came out of. Do you know which Acer it is from? Google suggests it might be a Veriton X480, which is a desktop from 2011 that came originally with Vista and an optional downgrade to XP sp3. The SG for the X480 isn't a lot of help:

So, no MB internal number like the FG43D you reference. If that's the right MB however, here's what Acer shipped with them as far as CPUs go:

So the Q9500 isn't listed, but the Q9550 and Q9650 are. I'd expect any of those CPUs would be really, really cheap these days. :) No need for a BIOS update for anything they shipped with it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

We have no cross reference for motherboards without knowing what machine it came out of. Do you know which Acer it is from? Google suggests it might be a Veriton X480, which is a desktop from 2011 that came originally with Vista and an optional downgrade to XP sp3. The SG for the X480 isn't a lot of help:

So, no MB internal number like the FG43D you reference. If that's the right MB however, here's what Acer shipped with them as far as CPUs go:

So the Q9500 isn't listed, but the Q9550 and Q9650 are. I'd expect any of those CPUs would be really, really cheap these days. :) No need for a BIOS update for anything they shipped with it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dot_jay
    Dot_jay Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

hey thanks for letting me know, it’s weird because I am using a E5800 in this same motherboard and it isn’t in the list, yes it’s a Veriton x480, a week ago I bought a core quad q9500 from aliexpress know I don’t know if it gonna be compatible because it isn’t in the list