connected both monitors to a USB-C Port Hub and my Acer Desktop wont recognize it

Options
Andyneedshelppls
Andyneedshelppls Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I bought a USB-C Port so I can connect my keyboards, mouse, & monitors to it and switch between my laptop for work and desktop for gaming/anything else.

Desktop: Acer Nitro N50-600 Series

One Monitor: Display Port

Second Monitor: HDMI

When I connect both into the port and connect it to my laptop, everything works great. But when I connect my USB-C port to my desktop in the front port, my monitors wont register, anyone have any idea why or what I can do to fix?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options

What Acer desktop do you have? Many models do not support DP Alt Mode in the USB-C port and many docks requires DP Alt Mode to do video over the USB-C.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Andyneedshelppls
    Andyneedshelppls Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello @billsey,

I have the Desktop: Acer Nitro N50-600 Series, do you know if it supports it?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

So the service guide doesn't say for sure, just that it's a USB-C port… Typically they blurb the features though and since they don't say it supports alt mode, it likely does not. It would take a fairly full featured dock to provide the video.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.