XV272U Pbmiiprzx Brightness too dim, not reaching 400 nits.

Options
PNCDomo
PNCDomo Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello everyone, recently bought a XV272U Pbmiiprzx. It’s a huge jump to 1440p and love the image quality, but I noticed it’s not as bright as expected. I have a Hp X24ih as my 2nd monitor and it is 350 nits. So I got used to the brighter image and wanted my Acer to be brighter. I changed the settings multiple times, increased the brightness too 100 but couldn’t get it to be anywhere as bright as my HP.

So I tried to find a solution and enabled HDR since it’s supported. I increased the brightness and even in the lowest setting, the colors look washed out and it’s only slightly brighter. I downloaded VESA displayHDR and noticed that the brightness and colors increase a lot and looked better, like my 2nd monitor in terms of brightness, but it’s only when I click on the program window. When I click on another tab or window, the colors get washed out and the brightness reduces alot. What could be going on with this monitor? I also noticed that this only happens when I disconnect my 2nd monitor or limit it to only the acer monitor. Otherwise the program doesn’t brighten the monitor or the colors. It just stays the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am lost in what is going on or what could be done to fix this issue. Do I need a software update or something else to fix it? Hopefully the images give you an idea of how it looks, of course it doesn't look as bright due to the phone adjustment.