Question regarding tempature on PHN16-71 (i7 13700HX, 4070)

Options
MrAshley
MrAshley Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hello all, I wonder if anyone would be able to answer a quick question.

I recently purchased the laptop and I have been noticing the tempatures hitting 94-98c while playing games such as Diablo 4 and Fortnite. I have the fan speed on max, I have the laptop sitting on a GT500 cooling pad (with it's fan on max). I lock the games FPS to 60, graphics on high for both.

I will note that neither game slows down once that tempature is reached, so the performance is not an issue. Its more so I don't want the CPU to always be sitting near it's limit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

There is an update for super io, related to thermal optimization:

I would try to update the bios to the latest version: BIOS

1. Update ME for WiDi stability 2. Support new panel with G-Sync

Acer

2023/09/06

13.97 MB

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MrAshley
    Options

Hello, thank you for the response. I am already on bios V1.12, I updated it earlier today.

Many Thanks

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Has the problem been resolved or continues?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MrAshley
    Options

Hello, not really no. The tempature is still too high for a liquid metal machine with fans on max sitting on a GT500.