ACER ASPIRE C24 LEFT CLICK ON MOUSE SLOW

Options
Airbus12345
Airbus12345 Member Posts: 39 Troubleshooter

Can anyone please assist me?

The left click on my ACER mouse Aspire C24 is slow sometimes responding say for instance on short cuts. I've tried updating the mouse driver and it says it's up to date.

I've tried two differe wireless mouses and both do the same.

This usually happens when the computer is left for a while, I go back to it left click on the mouse and the mouse is unresponsive and the shortcuts won't open, after many clicks and say 30 seconds the shortcuts will open?

Any ideas please?

Thank You

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Check to see if there is a power setting for either the mouse or the USB port it's plugged into. It may be getting turned off to save power when idle for too long.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Airbus12345
    Options

Thank you for your help again.

A few of the USB settings under device manager were set to 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' I've now unticked these. Also under the mouse power management the above wasn't ticked , but 'Allow this device to wake the computer' was ticked, so I've unticked this now??

Thanks again

• Airbus12345
    Options

Unfortuately changing the power settings hasn't fixed the issue.

I have to left click the mouse half a dozen times for desktop shortcuts to open, this happens if I go

away for sometime and try to open shortcuts?

I've also tried 2 other wireless mouses .

Any further ideas please. I've deleted any new programs I've installed as well

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options
  • Airbus12345
    Options

Thank you for the reply.

I actually tried changing the mouse speed and that didn't work.

This occurence will only normally happen after the PC has been left for say 15 minutes, then when I try to click on a shortcut on my desktop I have to click half a dozen times for it to work.

I've tried 3 different wireless mouses and they all do the same, so I'm thinking this could be a power issue?

I'm now on a wired mouse and this seems to be OK, obviously this isn't ideal as I'd like to have a wireless mouse working.

• Airbus12345
    Options

My mouse is still causing me issues. As mentioned before I've used several wireless mouses now and the same issue arises, that is if I leave the mouse untouched for about 20 or so minutes, when I try to left click and open a shortcut on my desktop the mouse it will not respond immediately , I have to left click quite a few times for the shortcut to respond and open??

Thank you for anyone who might be able to help

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Since it happens with multiple mice the issue has to be in your Windows settings. Something is allowing the mouse to turn off when not in use. Typically that's a setting you can access through Device Manager for the mouse or for the USB port. You might also just use a wired mouse…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Airbus12345
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the device manager and checked for updated drivers, and the one I'm using is the most

up to date. I'm actually using a wired mouse now but that's not ideal having to use on a month old product.

Any other possible fixes or suggestions please.

• Airbus12345
    Options

Further to the mouse issue, the mouse will work fine with anything say on my taskbar, it will respond straightaway, this only happens on Google Chrome shortcuts on my desktop ??